Thursday, September 8, 2011

Struggles

Not doing so well on the bike these days!  We went on a 26 mile ride while on vacation, exploring Assateague and then out to the town of Berlin and even on a relaxed vacation type ride I just did not have any fun at all on the  bike.  I suppose it didn't help that it was so flat, but still.  I've decided to stop pushing it, stop having joyless rides on the trainer and rollers and on flat training roads, and to just back off for a bit -- so I missed my mileage goal last week and I know I'll miss it this week too.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is only my first season on the bike.  I've also been dealing with an upcoming job change that has been draining.  Plus, Mr. Lady Roadie's century ride is this weekend, so I haven't had my riding partner recently, and the weather's been terrible. 

From Assateague -- Mama got upset when I took this pic of her baby!



At the end of the day these are all excuses.  What's really happening is that I haven't felt strong on the bike, and I'm down on myself because of that, and not having fun.  Of course, not riding is only making me weaker.  I've got a 65-mile ride coming up next month, so once we're past Mr. Lady Roadie's century, the focus on that should be motivating.  Basically I just need to get over myself and ride to have fun again.  And maybe stay away from group rides for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment