Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm back!  I don't know why I completely abandoned posting, as I did not abandon cycling.  Since my last post AGES ago, I successfully upgraded to clipless pedals (have not yet fallen once), upgraded my wheels and spent the winter training to Coach Troy (mileage dropped drastically of course but less so than the previous winter).  I got a slow start to this season due to some family issues, but I'm currently looking for a century to register for. 

Yesterday Mr. Lady Roadie and I went to Crystal City to see a pro crit race, which was hugely inspiring.  I would pay all my money to have the legs those guys have, even though it would look freakish on a lady.  They are SO STRONG.  All day at work I've been distracted by thoughts of training.  I do fully realize I have never been serious enough about training and getting in mileage, not even close.  I think at some point I planned to commit to 50 mile weeks, which would've been nice, but it didn't happen.  Work is unfortunately busy this summer but I think I have to start riding 4 times a week anyway.  I'm very interested to learn what kind of cyclist I can be with some actual consistency.  Last year I spent a lot more time talking and thinking about biking than I did actually riding.  I'm not going to get serious about training until July but I'm going to try to fit in midweek rides the rest of June, so I'll have a little bit of a base to increase on.   

No comments:

Post a Comment